Hello admirers, my name is Macy! I am a 9 month old chocolate lab/american pit bull terrier mix. I was surrendered to the Philadelphia Animal Care and Control shelter (ACCT) by my owners on April 23, 2010. They said they no longer had enough time for me. Its pretty obvious that they never had time for me because when I came into the shelter I knew no basic commands or manners. It is reported that they used to feed me Gritz and Eggs so I'm happy to have a normal dog diet here at the shelter.
Some facts about me:
- I am full of puppy energy which I can't burn off living in the kennels, but once I get a chance to burn some outside I settle down nicely!
- I absolutely ADORE people and attention.
- I am housebroken, but I will need a refresher since I don't get consistent walks here
- I know basic commands like "sit" and "down"
- I am working on my leash walking skills and am doing really well with the help of an Easy Walker harness!
- It is reported that I've lived with children in the past, but because of my energy level the shelter staff don't think I should go home with children under 10 because I might knock them over by accident.
- I am highly treat motivated and am a quick learner
- I LOVE other dogs, but I never learned how to play with them appropriately so some dogs might not tolerate me jumping and rough housing with them
- I will need additional obedience training by whoever brings me home, which I hope someone does soon!
I have a Pen Pal! A Pen Pal is a volunteer who is dedicated to finding me a home. She works with me on regular basis to teach me basic commands, socialize me, and market me to potential fosters or adopters. If you are interested in meeting me, please email my Pen Pal at email@example.com for more information!