Sunday, December 20, 2009

December 20, 2009 -- Meet PEETY!



An introduction -- Hi, my name is Peety and I'm a skinny 1-2 year old pit bull mix who was found as a stray in North Philadelphia. In the first week of September, 2009 I was brought to the Animal Care and Control shelter. I'm underweight, but sweet and aim to please. After spending over 3 months in a public shelter, I have remained healthy and sane which is no easy feat for a dog in such a stressful environment. Day in and day out, I watch dogs come and go. Some are adopted, some go to foster homes, but I just wait. I have been evaluated as highly adoptable. I'm gentle and energenic. I don't like to jump, I know "sit" and I love to cuddle. I seem to like other dogs, but have not been evaluated with cats yet.

Beginning this weekend, Erin took me on as her "Pen Pal" dog. Going forward she will be working with me to learn basic commands. She will be taking me out for walks and hikes to give me a break from the stress of the shelter. And I hope she can help me find the forever home I certainly deserve.

You can find me at ACCT. 111 W. Hunting Park Ave. in Philadelphia. If you are interested in meeting me, please contact Erin at erin.pawsadoptions@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment