Saturday, February 27, 2010

Saturday, 2/27 - MEET EDDIE!


Hi, my name is Eddie. I'm a 3-5 year old pit (possibly catahoula) mix who came to ACCT as a stray. I was found in an abandoned building. No one is sure how long I was there, but I'm quite skinny. Everyone who passes me comments on how striking I am. I have crystal blue eyes and markings that make it look as through I was splattered with paint. I'm extremely athletic and would make a great agility dog. My absolute favorite thing in the world is to play with a ball. My Pen Pal says I'm not allowed to take toys in my kennel because I will chew them apart, but she found one ball that is indestructible. She helps me sneak it inside when no one's looking. It makes me feel better and not so bored in my kennel. I've become depressed since I've come in. I don't get much attention and I'm scared.

When I came in I already knew "sit" and "paw", but since being here I've kind of forgot. My new Pen Pal, Erin is working with me to remember as well as teach me new things like "down", "drop it" and "stay" and to walk nicely on a leash.

A little more about my Pen Pal: She's a volunteer at the shelter who works with me exclusively to teach me new commands and market me to adopters. She comes to see me a few times a week and gives me time away from the shelter. She hopes to get me adopted quickly so I don't have to live in this kennel anymore.

You can see a video of me rolling in the snow here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vOTQK1tFkA

I would do best in a home where I can run and get my energy out every day. I'm fine with body handling, but because I'm so energetic I probably shouldn't go home with small children. I seem to get along with other dogs, but I'm not sure about cats yet. I haven't met any, but Erin will test me. If you're interested in meeting me, please email my Pen Pal at erin.pawsadoptions@gmail.com or come see me at ACCT (111 W. Hunting Park Ave. Philadelphia, PA)!


No comments:

Post a Comment