Monday, March 22, 2010

Sunday, March 21 - Eddie Gets a Lesson on Walking

So, its almost April and I'm still stuck at the shelter. I don't know what I would do with myself if the kennel staff and shelter employees didn't let me have my kong in my kennel. Its so stressful. I hate hearing the other dogs constantly bark. Its scary, loud, and uncomfortable. I'm now getting stressed around other dogs and am having a hard time focusing on Erin while she practices commands with me. I can't wait to get out of here and into a foster home or forever home. I know I'll be more comfortable there and way happier.

Since Erin failed miserably trying to put the Gentle Leader on me (its a harness that goes around my snout that teaches me not to pull on walks) today she decided to try the Easy Walker instead. I didn't mind that one at all, it was actually pretty comfortable. We walked around the yard outside of the shelter and I barely pulled at all. When I did pull, the harness redirected me to face her. I caught on that if I walk at the same pace as her, it wouldn't spin me around. After practicing walking and 'heeling' for a while, we went inside so Erin could snap some pictures of me. She began teaching me 'touch', 'here', and 'watch me'. I also showed Erin a trick that she didn't know that I knew.. 'roll over'! I impressed her! Muhahaha! Now she wonders what else I have up my sleeve. When we were done, she filled my kong with peanut butter and treats and I snuggled back into my bed.

Here are a couple pictures of me wearing my Easy Walker:




No comments:

Post a Comment